The News or Article published here is property of the given Source and they have all the ownership rights Source link https://sportgrill.blog/2020/06/22/2019-20-premier-league-week-31-leicester-vs-brighton/
Leicester City host relegation battling Brighton at the King Power Stadium in the first of a packed midweek round of Premier League fixtures.
Leicester can move six points clear of fourth-placed Chelsea with a win whilst Brighton can go eight points clear of the relegation zone with victory.
Dennis Praet is available for Leicester after missing Saturday’s draw at Watford with a tight calf injury.
Ricardo Pereira (knee) and Daniel Amartey (ankle) both remain ruled out for the foreseeable future.
Brighton could have Steven Alzate available as the midfielder continues to nurse a minor groin issue.
Jose Izquierdo remains a long-term absentee for the Seagulls with a knee injury.
- Leicester are unbeaten in their last five league meetings against Brighton (W4, D1).
- Brighton have conceded twice during all four previous defeats against Leicester, of which they scored just one goal during those losses.
- Leicester’s Jamie Vardy has scored in each of his last four appearances against Brighton.
- No Brighton player has played more through balls than Pascal Gross this season, who has produced five through balls in 24 appearances.
- Wilfred Ndidi is the only outfield Leicester player to have made an error which led to a conceded goal this season.
Leicester were quite rusty in their first game back on Saturday against a strong Watford team, who continuously maintained pressure on the Foxes throughout, so I am hoping for a more fluid and clinical performance here.
Brighton however continue to be as solid as ever and showed amazing composure to come from behind to defeat Arsenal, but I do feel that they could be more attacking in early stages of which they should be here if Leicester are still below par.
I however am going for a Foxes win because although they were rusty on Saturday after three months out, they currently have a strong record against Brighton and if Vardy starts then this should be a routine home win.
Prediction: Leicester City 2-0 Brighton & Hove Albion